Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Resources in the Kingston Area
- Education on Queer Issues Project (EQuIP)
Queen’s group that works to promote awareness of LGBT issues primarily on campus
- Phone: (613) 533-2725
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web site: http://www.queersatqueens.ca
- HIV/AIDS Regional Services (HARS)
Confidential information about safer sex, sexuality, safe needle use, testing. Counselling and support services; presentations for classes, community groups.
- Phone: (613) 545-3698
- Address: 844A Princess St.
- Email: email@example.com
- Web site: http://www.hars.ca
- Lesbian Gay Bi Youth Line
Peer support and information for LGBTTQ youth (12-26 years)
- Phone: 1-800-268-9688 or 1-800-268-YOUTH
- Sunday to Friday, 4:00 pm – 9:30 pm
- Pride Committee, Kingston
- Web site: http://www.kingstonpride.org
- Contact John at (613) 545-3698 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ontario Public Research Interest Group (OPIRG)
Nurtures student & community activism regarding social justice & environmental issues. Organizes workshops, speakers, rallies, and films relating to LGBTQ issues.
- Phone: 533-3189
- Email: email@example.com
- Web site: http://www.opirgkingston.org
- Out in Kingston
- Web site: http://www.outinkingston.org
- Queen’s Human Right’s Office
Information & support for issues related to sexual and gender identities. Advice/support for Queen’s students, staff and faculty who have experienced discrimination based on their real/perceived sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Phone: (613) 533-6886
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web site: http://www.queensu.ca/humanrights
- Queen’s University Association of Queer Employees (QUAQE)
Current & former staff and faculty and their partners. Group organizes social activities, discussion groups, etc.
- Subscribe to listserve by contacting Bob (email@example.com) or Julie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Queer Pub Night
- Ben’s Pub, 105 Clergy (near Princess)
- Sunday nights from 6 pm on
- Queer Students On Campus (QSOC)
St. Lawrence College student group that promotes awareness, and plans social activities.
- Email for information about meetings
- Email: email@example.com
- Reelout Film Festival
Kingston’s annual queer film festival featuring independent queer films
- Phone: (613) 533-3189
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web site: http://www.reelout.com