Ten Steps to Correct Condom Use
Here at the SHRC we advise that when using a condom, one should follow the 10 steps to correct condom use (yes, there are 10 steps!)
- Check expiry date on back of condom.
- Check for air bubble (ensure condom wrapper is sealed).
- Open condom carefully. Do not use teeth.
- Blow into tip to figure out which way to roll it.
- Place tip of condom over erect penis/phallus.
- Squeeze the tip of condom so that there is no air bubble/space left at tip to collect the semen.
- Unroll condom down base of erect penis/phallus.
- Lubricate and enjoy!
- Withdraw immediately following ejaculation, remove condom from penis/phallus, doing so at a safe distance from partner’s genitals.
- Tie off end of condom. Dispose of condom (watch for pets). Do not flush.